Thursday, December 18, 2008

You Need Some Rest???

What a week it has been!!! This will be the first post of the week, and probably the last, as well. Our annual Christmas musical (cantata) is this Sunday morning, so trying to get all the final touches all ironed out. Plus, my son will be flying in on Saturday morning for Christmas break.

I've been focused the last couple weeks on being more concerned with the reason for the season, rather than worrying about buying gifts. And, as usual, I find myself a bit behind. We never make a huge deal about the gifts, because the Gift that was given for us is what this Christmas season is for.

During the holiday season, we seem to be in such a rush to get this done, that done, call this family member, send these cards out, etc!!! So, the verse that comes to mind for our memory verse of the week is Psalm 46:10..."Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." This verse reminds me, during the Christmas season also, to take a step back, slow down, and remember what the TRUE meaning of this season is. Don't let all the gift buying, decorating and get-togethers bring you down!

I do hope you have a great time with family and friends this year, and pray that this Christmas is one you will remember for years to come! Keep going over the verse...pray that God will speak to you through it...and share it with someone TODAY!!!

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: