Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Excitement is in the air!!!

Alright, last night turned into one of those times. You know, something you think will be easy that ends up occupying more time than you care to spend. Yeah, I heard how changing a template and theme on my blog would be a cinch, hah! What I planned to do in minutes, turned into hours. However, I am pleased with the outcome and hope you enjoy the new layout. That said, I am very glad it's behind me, for now...I guess bloggers never truly quit tweeking a site, do they?

Okay, before we get into today's thoughts, let's look at this week's verse is found in Psalm 84:10..."For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

Pray that God will use this verse to speak to you...say it to yourself throughout each day...ask for opportunities to share it...and then, share it...God will bless if you are willing to get a little uncomfortable!

Our house is definitely sparkling right now with all the Christmas decor you could hope for (actually, my wife is still begging me to put the lights outside on the bushes). Our 3 year-old is asking everyday..."how long 'til Christmas?" Of course, we are now telling her two weeks, but what does two weeks mean to a child? Then again, when we tell her about the true meaning of Christmas does she truly grasp it?

I am reminded of the verse found in 1 Corinthians 13:11..."When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

I know that doesn't seem like a great Christmas season thought, but am I still acting like a child, begging for my "piece of the pie"? Or am I putting my things on more mature things? Do I spend my days thinking about how great it would be to have an iPhone, iPod, Playstation 3, Wii, X-box, flatscreen HDTV, and things like that, or am I keeping my mind on Christ's gift to me and how I can share that gift with someone else? Brings to mind that old saying..."it's better to give than receive", right?

This year, let's put aside our wants, and share the love of Christ with people who need His love now more than ever!!! Don't let this season of joy and hope pass without sharing the Hope that you have with someone else...

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

1 comment:

Laudio said...

I love this look! Very good choice! Your work paid off.

On Christmas giving and receiving... Good words! I've started realizing that I already have so much stuff that there is zero need for me to get anything this Christmas. For real. Not suggesting I'm rich or have a bunch of things compared to others, but I can unfortunately look back at most of the Christmases in my life and say to myself with genuine honesty, "Self, you were a completely rotten steward of God's money."

I'm looking for ways to represent Jesus Christ better this Christmas.