Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Share some good news!!!

Wednesday night, our pastor was sharing as we continue in our study of Romans. The part of the lesson that stuck out to me began in verse 11 of chapter 1..."For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; (12) That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. (13) Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles."

Here Paul is talking to his Roman brethren (like I really talk with such language, right?), and looking forward to visiting with them, that he could share with them the gifts he has received from the Spirit. Let's look at how the Amplified version states verse 12..."That is, that we may be mutually strengthened and encouraged and comforted by each other’s faith, both yours and mine." Paul is talking about how they could be strengthened, encouraged and comforted by each other's faith...not Paul's, not theirs...but glory in the works that God is doing through them all, corporately.

Too many times, I find myself worn down because of what I perceive as insurmountable tasks in my vocational and personal life. When I hear how someone else is doing, in spite of their hectic schedule and worries of life, I seem to slow down, take a step back, and realize my life isn't quite as mad as I thought it was. I need to slow down sometimes, and as I've stated many times before...look at Psalm 46:10..."Be still and know that I am God"...just give it to Him to handle, instead of carrying the weight myself.

Then, back in Romans, verse 13 states that I should be looking forward to partnering with the believers around me or even far away. Paul says he looks forward to sharing fruit among them, "even as among other Gentiles"...I think he's talking about sharing the testimony with others (partnering). To me, this is the simplest act of missions...partnering together to reach others. I don't have to go it alone...and neither do you!

Let's take another look at this week's memorization verse, found in 1 John 4:10..."Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

Keep going over it...ask God to speak though His Word...take the time to share it with someone...and let's continue to seek what God has for us...

Please let me know if you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: