Friday, December 12, 2008

Am I walking alone???

As we move closer to Christmas Day, my mind draws more upon sharing the Gift that was given for us. This morning, I was visited by a family friend of my parents, who has just found that he has cancer. I was amazed by his strength and faith that God had a plan, even though it is such a trying time. One thing he mentioned to me truly stuck. He mentioned how a men's prayer time was held. On the prayer list was his name with cancer beside as the request. He told me..."I told them not to pray for the cancer, but if it be God's will, a miracle occur."

He knows the Great Physician and is confident that a mighty work is being done through him. We shared some stories from the distant past and some from the very near past. We both talked about trials and difficulties in our lives and lives of those we love. And, each tragedy (as we originally perceived them) turned into a great opportunity for ministry.

Why is it that sometimes we have to be at a low point before we look up for the Light? It took the darkest moments in my life to look for the One who is there to carry me. I think of the "Footprints in the Sand" poem most of you have read. In the hard times, we tend to think we are all alone...when in fact He is carrying us through and trying to guide us.

The "chance encounter" that took place today (not really a "chance encounter", but a way for God to speak through another to me in His timing) was an opportunity to re-focus my thoughts and realize that even our darkest hours can be the times when God's light shines through us the brightest. Don't forget that the struggles we make it through, make us stronger and also give us something to share with others. Those who think they have no hope aren't looking for "perfect Christians", but rather real people that have gone through struggles like they are...and we have the Hope that they are so desperately in search of...let's share it TODAY!!!

Let's look again at this week's memory verse from Psalm 84:10..."For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness." How are you doing at the memorization so far? Has anyone kept with it? Anybody learned all of them? Have you challenged anyone else to join you?

Keep reading through this week's verse...pray that it will speak to you...ask for someone to share it with...then share it...God will provide opportunities if we will take Him up on them!

Please let me know if you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: