Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Good will toward men...

You know, in the ministry, many times there are decisions to be made. Not always the easy ones, either. It seems as if the church is one of the places where people "take the gloves off" and forget sometimes to be Christ-like. Sometimes, things get said "off the cuff" or without being thought through. It's at these times that others feelings are sacrificed. Why is it? Why do we feel like we have the right to tear each other down? My favorite is when somebody tears another down and then says, "I only said that out of love". It doesn't feel like love does it?

This time of year can be such a fragile time for many. I know of many who have difficulty during this season because of the recent loss of loved ones and some who are estranged from family and friends, either because of jobs or duty or whatever it may be. Shouldn't this time of year be the time when we make a concentrated effort to show the love of Christ? I am going to do my best to show love and not judgement, will you?

Let's look at this weeks verse again from Psalm 84:10..."For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

What does this verse say to you? What meaning does it hold? It reminds me that the luxuries that are offered here are only to fulfill the selfish desires of the flesh, and to find true meaning, I need look no farther than the will of my heavenly Father. As we talked about yesterday, the affairs of this world are only for temporary satisfaction...not really satisfaction, but almost like a sedation or numbing of our desires temporarily.

Keep going over the verse and pray that it will speak to and through you...pray for an opportunity to share it with someone who needs to hear it...God will provide the opportunity, if we are diligent to take full advantage of the calling He gives us!!!

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: