I was reading through several chapters in Psalms and Proverbs this morning, when this passage jumped out at me. It's in Proverbs 3:5-10...
(5) "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
(6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
(7) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
(8) It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
(9) Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the first-fruits of all thine increase:
(10) So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine."
This is a call to put all our trust in the Lord and wait for His will to be made evident. This is difficult, especially since we have been taught to do what we feel like doing. It is hard to give up and let God take the reigns of our lives.
There is plenty of reward for those that follow the will of God. When we give the best we have (our first-fruits) to the Lord, we shall be blessed likewise. In my adult years this has been a work in progress. It was always...I have to do this, this, and this with my money, time, talents and what's left over will have to be good enough. God sent His best to sacrifice on the cross so that we could be free of the consequences of sin if we confess. Doesn't that deserve more than our table scraps or left overs?
If we fear the Lord and flee from evil, it also states that it will be health to your body, and marrow to the bones, which is where our life's blood comes from. Seems pretty cut-and-dry when put that way.
It is a daily struggle for me to give my best, turn over authority in my life, and walk in God's will. Everyday, Satan works his hardest to trip us up, but if we've given God the reigns we have nothing to fear. Like the song from Steven Curtis Chapman states..."His strength is perfect when our strength is gone"...
May you let go today and let God lead your feet, mouth, hands, ears and eyes. You'll be amazed at what He can do with a willing soul. Have a great day and let me know how I can pray for you today...