Friday, September 5, 2008

The potter's hands...

This morning, I have been doing some reading in Jeremiah. In chapter 18, I found the subject for today. Let's start reading in verse 1...

" The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
(2) Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
(3) Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold he wrought a work on the wheels.
(4) And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
(5) Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
(6) O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel."

This is another message of hope for every believer. No matter what you do, if you are willing to be used, the potter can mould you into a vessel for His best use.

It can be painful, as when a potter remakes a marred creation. He literally must break it in pieces then restart the process. That is what God does when need be. It does take a broken, contrite spirit to be used of God. Unfortunately, sometimes it's God that has to do the breaking.

The upside is that no matter where you are, God can use you. This is evident in my life. Long ago, I heard the call of God on my life, but was unwilling to give my all. After over 8 years of running, I came back to find Him standing there waiting with arms wide open. Since then, the road hasn't always been easy, but God has promised not to leave me or forsake me.

He gives the same promise to you! If God can use someone like me, He can use anyone. I am amazed and humbled everyday that the Maker of all has a plan which includes me. He has a plan for you, too. Open your heart to Him and heed His calling.

If I can say a prayer for you today, please let me know. I will keep any requests private and confidential. May you be blessed today.

No comments: