Monday, September 8, 2008

My eyes are to Thee...

Many of you know that a group from our church went to the "Returning to God" conference this past weekend in Moore, OK. One of the things that stuck out to me for the time was our personal prayer time in our lives. God spoke to my heart about being sincere in my life, both in speech and action.

This morning, my reading comes from Psalms 141:8-10..."But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute. (9) Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity. (10) Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape."

If we keep our eyes upon the Lord in all we do and ask for His guidance, we can escape the sin that the world tries to indwell us with. Too many times, we as Christians try to make it by how WE live and OUR actions. True, good actions aren't a bad thing, but when led by human efforts, have the ability to fall. God's way is not our way. His thought are above our thoughts and are above reproach.

To be triumphant in your walk, lay down your burdens upon Him. In our prayers, we need to be open and sincere. Not only our prayers, but also our walk. Read verses 1-4 of this chapter when you get the chance...it's all about turning over to God and being steadfast.

May we every day be willing to put our lives in God's hands to lead us. May our eyes be on His will. Alow God to be your escape from the nets of the wicked.

If you ever have a need or prayer request, feel free to drop a line that I can know how to pray for you. Your feedback is also appreciated!

No comments: