Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A shield for you...

This morning, I was reminded of a song that I was taught when singing with the Singing Churchmen of Oklahoma. The song is based upon Psalms 3:3-4. I will begin today in verse 1...

"Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. (2) Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. (3) But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. (4) I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah."

How many times do we look around and wonder why others who are serving the gods of this world are getting increase of fortunes, things, etc. and we are made to struggle? Does it seem like everyone in your workplace or neighborhood points you out as the Bible thumper or crazy Christ-follower? Do they not include you in their fun?

That is a blessing...verse 3 states it plainly that the Lord is our shield. He is our glory and the lifter of our souls. When in turmoils personal or public, He is there to lift your chin and help you face your enemies.

The biggest key comes in verse 4, when he cried out with a loud voice...and was heard!!! Our God does something the idols and gods of this world can never do...He hears and answers. When you feel like hope is lost and everyone's against you...lift up your head and cry with a loud voice...and He will hear...

No comments: