Friday, January 30, 2009

What is our worship???

I was reading a post by my friend Dean Lusk at his site here. He was talking about the complaints of folks too often in churches. They range many different categories and schools of thought, but I was reminded of this video I saw a couple months ago. I wanted to share it with you.



I've been reading For the Tough Times by Max Lucado and last night in Chapter 3 it talked about magnifying the Lord. Do you know what that means? I'd never really thought about it much in depth before that, but according to Merriam-Webster, magnify means...1 to cause to be held in greater esteem or respect 2 a: to increase in significance : intensify b: exaggerate 3: to enlarge in fact or in appearance...Based on that definition, do we truly magnify God in our times of worship? Think on the verse from Psalms 34:3 today..."O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together."

What thoughts, ideas, or emotions did the video stir in your heart and mind? Are we more consumed with selfish fulfillment than we are in worshiping the Lord? Leave your thoughts...

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: