Friday, January 9, 2009

Am I hitting the mark???

Okay, I am still sulking a bit over the Sooners' loss last night in the BCS Championship. However, I am glad to see Florida's Tim Tebow get some of the spotlight, because of his steadfast walk and testimony for Christ. I found it quite amazing that announcers were touting his mission work and Christian walk last night during the game. So, hats off Gators for a great season!!!

Let's get things going today by looking at our week's memory verse found in Philippians 3:14..."I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I look at the verse and then reflect upon what my life says in respect to following what it says. I fall so short in the grand scheme of things! Do I really think that I can pull off talking as if my walk is in perfect harmony with my calling? Am I truly striving to hit the mark daily? Not always...point blank!

But, does this mean that God loves me any less on the days I struggle? NO! The end of Hebrews 13:5 tells us plainly..."I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." It is in times that we struggle and are searching for "our" own answers that we should be practicing what Psalm 46:10 says..."Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

If I keep my eyes upon who He is, my life will be kept in the proper perspective...and pressing toward the high calling will be much less difficult, because my eyes are on Him and not me!

I came across a video at Sermonspice.com that shares the thought I am talking about in Psalm 46:10...check the video out here...

I pray that you have a great day...continue going over the memory verse for this week...ask for the chance to share it with someone else...pray that God will speak to you through it...feel free to share how this verse speaks to you by commenting below...

And, as always, please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for sending Jesus to die in our place, so even though we miss the mark, we are justified through His name :o) Great video!