Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving thoughts...part 3

As we draw a day closer to Thanksgiving, I wanted to leave things open for your thoughts a bit. I would like to know maybe a Thanksgiving memory that might stick out, a time you reached out and helped someone in need during the holiday, or just simply what this time of year means to you...

This question brings many things to mind...going to Indiana while growing up and spending time with dad's side of the family. It seems like there were a thousand relatives at those get-togethers. I also remember the years my parents served as missionaries to the Sioux Indians in Ft. Thompson, South Dakota. I remember how thankful the Indians were when we had our Thanksgiving meal and service at the church.

Then, I remember one of the most touching moments ever...last year, I was able to deliver a Thanksgiving basket from our staff to a family in need right here in town. I took the turkey and some items for them to have the traditional "Thanksgiving Meal". The joy in the kid's eyes that they were gonna have a Thanksgiving meal was what will stick in my mind for every Thanksgiving to come.

What Thanksgiving means to me is much what it means to you...being thankful for being blessed with more than I deserve. Having family, friends, and loved ones who care for us. The Lord has provided for all our needs...He has never left or forsaken me, regardless when I have turned from Him.

Before I relinquish control of this post, let's look at our memory verse for the week from 1 Chronicles 16:34..."O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever." I want to make sure that I give thanks for all He has done for me.

Please take a few moments and share what thoughts come to your mind about Thanksgiving...and "thanks" for your input!!!

Please let me know if there is a special prayer I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: