Monday, November 17, 2008

Be grateful...

First off this week, let's take one more look at our previous memory verses from Ephesians 5:15 & 16..."See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, (16) Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." Was this as much a challenge for anyone else this past week as it was for me? Not that it was two verses, hard to remember, or extremely time-consuming...the issue is that since I have committed to memorize scripture, Satan is doing all he can to keep me from it. Has this been happening to you? Each time you try to go over verses we have learned the past couple weeks, does it seem like something pulls you away? Believe me, it's no coincidence.

We also have two more verses to take a look at...Acts 6:4...""But we give ourselves continually to prayer, and the ministry of the word." and John 3:30..."He must increase, but I must decrease." Have you memorized all three of these yet? or maybe one of them? or two? Are you still on board with the challenge? Will you continue on with me?

This week, I am led to Romans 8:1-2..."There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

This verse fits with the grand theme of things during this time of year. We are thankful to be under "grace" and not under the "law", right? I am so glad for the grace that has been offered, because in so many ways I fall short of the law. And, if I offend in any one part of the law, I am guilty of all!!!

How do you feel about that? Would you rather be judged by what you have done, or by what Christ did for you?

Now, this doesn't stop there...if we are in Christ Jesus and walk not after the flesh, we will be abiding in His will. Am I abiding in His will every moment of every day? Say that again to yourself...Am I abiding in His will every moment of every day? To answer quite simply...No, I am not. That is why I am so glad for God's grace.

I'm not sure how many of you have heard it put this way, but our pastor puts grace this way...

G od's
R iches
A t
C hrist's
E xpense

So, I am grateful..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Look over this week's verses...think on them...ask God to speak to you...and share with others...

Please let me know if there is a prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: