Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How are your investment techniques???

I know that heading may not be what you would think of from a daily blog about our walk with Christ, but bear with me for a few.

Let's take a look at our memorization verses for this week in Ephesians 5:15 & 16..."See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, (16) Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."

If we look at the how the Amplified Bible translates this it might bring it out a bit clearer. Let's look at what it has to say..."Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), 16 Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil."

The Holman states it quite well to start..."Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk"...If you notice, this is making the point that we must be increasingly mindful of how we "walk". That doesn't mean just what I think people see, but also what I think people don't see.

The Amplified can bring out the words without having to pull out a thesaurus. We need to live with a purpose, worthy and accurate. Where would we learn to do these things? Rhetorical question, I know...the Bible. Don't live inaccurately, inadequately like the witless or unwise, but like someone who is sensible and intelligent. If you're like me, that seems like quite a stretch!!! But, as the scripture states in Philippians 4:13..."I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

The final verse is put quite adequately as well in the Amplified...by making the most of our time, we are actually buying up each opportunity. Are we really buying up each opportunity, or the way I take it...am I buying into every opportunity? Am I really seeing the chances that God puts in front of me?

If we look at it as a purchase or investment, how is the return on investment? Or maybe, how good am I at investing into it? If we "invest" into our walk with the Lord, the R.O.I.(Return on Investment), or our fruits, will grow exponentially!!!

Take time to go back over the verses for this week, pray that God will help apply them to your life, and share them with someone today!

Please let me know if there is a special prayer I can word on your behalf today...

No comments: