Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving thoughts...part 2

First off today, I would just like to say how well our worship services went yesterday. We had a great time of food and fellowship, with a great number of visitors attending our Thanksgiving meal and stayed for our Music and Praise service.

The music service was great, even though it was longer than the usual hour-long service. We had about 10 specials by various individuals in our church. I was amazed by the piano special performed by one of the teens. She has never had lessons, and taught herself to read music and play the piano. It was her first time to play in public and I believe it will be only the first of many more!!!

The ending of the service was the video entitled, "That's My King" with pictures and music and the message of S.M. Lockridge dubbed over, and we followed it in closing by "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" and prayer. With the time of year centering around being thankful, I want to express my thankfulness to all the members and visitors who make our church the special place it is!

Thinking on thanksgiving and giving our thanks, our memorization verse for this week comes from 1 Chronicles 16:34..."O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever." I am setting my mind this week on the things that God has done that I am thankful for. Not that I don't the rest of the year, but especially now. I am so thankful that His mercy endures FOREVER, regardless of what we do. If I turn to Him, He is always there!

Continuing on with the Thanksgiving theme, we look to a couple more verses today. The first comes from 2 Corinthians 9:11..."Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God." This verse reminds us that we are provided abundantly for in everything and that causes, or makes us show thanksgiving unto God. Think about that...our being blessed should make us show thanksgiving! Do the blessings in my life make me show thanksgiving? Sobering thought!

The next verse comes from Philippians 4:6..."Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." This is a reminder to make everything known unto God and shows me that not only through asking for it, but also making sure that I am thankful to Him in everything!

I pray that your thanksgiving week is a time of reflection on what God has done in your life and the life of your family (church and relation)...

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: