Thursday, November 6, 2008

He's still on the throne!!!

Am back at the computer this morning, after quite an eventful day with a dentist elbow-deep in my mouth doing a root canal. Okay, maybe not elbow-deep, it just seemed that way. First things first, let's look at our verse to memorize for this week. It's found in Acts 6:4..."But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word." At the point we are in our history as a nation and Christians, this is more important than ever!!!

The signs of the times are everywhere. I have heard that my whole life, but am starting to notice it myself, as well. I guess that is a sign of growth and maturity? Never thought I would link those words to myself, but things do happen.

Since the results of the election, I have heard varied responses from...this is the end of life as we know it...to people equating our new President-elect to the anti-Christ...and even calling him the Messiah...now that is scary and unnecessary! My biggest thing in all this is...God is still on His throne and in control!

This is evident throughout history and is shown quite well in the book of Daniel, which we have been studying on Sunday nights. God can use even the vilest of rulers for His cause. He can also use His people to show His power to an unbelieving ruler, as well.

For those of you who have lost heart, I was sent this verse via Twitter the other evening by Max Lucado. It set my concerned mind at ease. It is found in Proverbs 21:1..."The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will."

WOW!!! We can keep our faith in the Lord and He will take care of things??? Okay, that was sarcasm. But, when we take our eyes of Him and start wondering what we are going to do in dire circumstances, we need a reality check. Don't lose faith...there is hope...remember our verse this week and give yourself to prayer continually and the ministry of the Word!!! Don't put all your hope in man, they will fail and disappoint, put your faith and hope in the One who has never failed!!!

Please let me know if there is a special prayer I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: