Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Unto Thee, O Lord...

Sunday evening, we sang the chorus "Unto Thee, O Lord" as one of our opening worship songs. It has been in my head ever since, and I thought it wold be a good place to start in the passage this morning.

Psalm 25:1-5..."Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. (2) O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. (3) Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. (4) Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. (5) Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

This passage is a prayer from David, giving himself fully to God, and asking God for boldness and strength. He asks for God to let him not be ashamed and for protection against his enemies. Do you ask for God's strength to cover you when you are going through troubled times? Do you place your trust in Him alone?

Here David shows us to let go of our selfish desires and ask for God's hand to lead. He also asks for others to not be ashamed while they wait upon the Lord. I believe he is speaking of not only those in biblical times, but also the future, which is us...and he even asks for shame upon those who sin without reason, just to sin. Do you ask to feel guilt or shame when you sin??? I don't know about you, but it comes without asking in my life. I think David's prayer is still reaching me today!!!

Next, we find a passage that many of us have said...show me your ways and teach me your path...sometimes, we say it so much that it is just stated without meaning, but when we put ourselves into it God can show us great and mighty things...

And finally, we need to ask for God's leading and teachings DAILY, because He is the God of our salvation and we should wait on Him all the day...

Lift your soul to Him today...trust in Him...do not be ashamed...He will protect you from your enemies...ask for His guidance...and teaching...and wait upon Him...He will guide you in the way that you should walk...

Please let me know if there is a special prayer i can word on your behalf today...

No comments: