Friday, October 24, 2008

Are you hiding???

I just was reading the daily headlines on Yahoo and saw how Beyonce is going to use a new stage name, "Sasha Fierce" on her upcoming album...I have now stopped laughing, but wonder...she states that the new persona allows her to be more fun, aggressive, and outspoken. Do we need a new persona or mask to hide behind so that we can share our beliefs without fear? I remember how well Garth Brooks' venture as Chris Gaines went...or didn't go.

I would be cautious to remind you that once we are saved, we are new creatures...as stated in 1 Corinthians 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Maybe if we let our new creature take over, we would be more outspoken and aggressive in our sharing of the Gospel. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not telling you to go changing your name or personality...we don't need a bunch of Mr. Spectaculars running around.

But, I also would have to state that we shouldn't be afraid to speak up without having another personality (mask) to hide behind, either. We are to put away old things, and all things are become new. May we step boldly out and put off our old self, and let Christ's likeness be seen in us!!! So, in a sense we are showing another through us, but not by donning a mask...

Let me know if there is a special prayer I can word on your behalf today...

No comments: