Thursday, October 30, 2008

Congratulations and thanks...

As much as this pains me as a New York Mets fan...congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies on their World Series championship. With the weather situations that caused a two day delay in the finishing of game 5, it will go down as one of the most unique championship moments.

It is yet another day of being sick at home, which means another day of being bombarded by political media. I feel quite passionately about the future of our nation, but try to not use this medium as a platform for my personal opinions. My request for all who read this blog is that you TRULY pray and ask for God to give you the knowledge in choosing who to vote for. There is so much mis-information out there that we can't discern right from wrong without some help, and I know no better place to turn than the Lord.

With that said, let's take another look at our verse to memorize this week in John 3:30..."He must increase, but I must decrease." How are you doing with the verse this week? Are you thinking on it? Sharing it with others? Or, just reading it here and forgetting for the rest of the day? If we truly want to be touched by the Lord in every aspect of our lives, we must take His Word seriously and put it into our lives!!!

I also want to take a few moments to say "Thanks" to those of you who have subscribed to the journal or have been reading regularly. This has been an opportunity to share the words that God has given to me each day. If they speak to someone else, then that is just more than I could have ever expected. May all praise for everything I write or say be given to the Lord, who makes all things possible. If you would've told me a few years ago that God would be using me for His plan, I would have laughed in your face. It's like the quote I used a couple days ago..."A super man would make it look easy, but it took an ordinary man to make it look like God"...It is obvious that what God has done in my life is His doing, because I could have never accomplished what He's done on my own.

May you be blessed today and please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today...

No comments: