Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Are you up for a challenge???

Today, I was meeting with a friend who was asking what I am doing to draw more people to God? What goals do I have set in place? Then he asked me a tough question...what plan do you have set for memorizing scripture? Think about that...What plan do you have set for memorizing scripture? It has been somewhat hit-and-miss is what I said. I work on memorizing scripture, but haven't set a goal for how many. Well, today, I set forth the goal of one verse a week. And I am asking you to join with me.

In Psalm 119:11, it states..."Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." If we are constantly memorizing scripture and dwelling on it, we will see a difference in the way God moves and the way WE are moved.

While we were talking, I shared a verse, but went blank on the exact reference in scripture...because of that, I have placed it as this week's memory verse...it isJohn 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Let's focus and meditate day and night upon this verse. I will highlight and remind you each day. Then, next Monday, we will start a new verse. I challenge you to take this journey with me and see what God will do through us in the coming days, weeks, months and years. If you will take this challenge with me, leave a comment below or just email me.

Let's take a step back and let Him increase today and each day from here on.

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today...

2 comments:

Worship Dude said...

Hey Craig,

I take the challenge. I'll do it with ya!!

JSK

Laudio said...

Shoot, yeah! So I can't pick my own verse, eh? :)