Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Do good unto all men...

This morning, while doing my devotion, I read through Galatians 6 and was immediately hit with verses 9 and 10...
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we will reap, if we faint not.
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

This especially hit me this morning after a night of little sleep. All too often we get caught up in the works WE are doing to be gratified, yet God honors those who have a servant's heart. In John 3:30, it states... "He must increase, but I must decrease." I believe this to be one of the toughest things for a Christian to do. Though we have the Holy Spirit in our lives, we still have the human nature that wants to have its way.

It also puts it plainly to help those who are of the "household of faith", or Christian brothers going through tough times. We all know someone that fits in to that category. My prayer is that today you will reach out to a hurting brother or sister and be a comfort for them in their time of storm.

No comments: