Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here I Am, Send Me

As we work our way into 2009, a big focus in my life is reaching out to others. But, many times we don't know how to reach out, do we? Sometimes, it can be a random act of kindness, a good deed, a word of encouragement. The key is...sharing the love of God. In my studies, I've been reading from several texts and one thing that jumped out was from "The Purpose Driven Church" by Rick Warren. In chapter 12, the title is "How Jesus Attracted Crowds". One of the points that jumped out at me is that we many times overlook "loving unbelievers the way Jesus did". If we were willing to just show the love of Jesus, wouldn't people be asking what we have that they don't? This video is a simple evangelism illustration I saw last week. Check it out...



Take a step of faith with me...say those words..."Here I Am, Send Me". Will you do what He wants today? Are you willing to show His love to others?

Please let me know if you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf!!!

No comments: