Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Are we waiting for the world to change???

I have been reading through the book The Fine Line by Kary Oberbrunner the last couple nights, which is talking about the line between being in the world and not being of the world. I've had the song "Waiting on the World to Change" by John Mayer stuck in my head for several days and wondered why...well, it fits the way we as Christians sometimes look at the world around us.

I realize the Bible says in Matthew 5:14..."Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." I don't see it telling us to sit idly by and wait for the world to change...we should be a light to the world in these dark days, right?

The song by John Mayer has a few lines that jumped out at me...

"Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting
Waiting on the world to change
We keep on waiting
Waiting on the world to change"



This, I believe is another call for us to step up and share the Hope we have in Christ Jesus, despite all the goings on in the world, we are blessed. Jeremiah 17:7 states..."Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is." Isn't that the message they need to hear? We are not waiting for the world to change for our lives to become better, our hope is in the Lord.

Share that with someone who needs a boost today! And, please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great Word and great reminder. thanks for sharing.