Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Continuing the challenge...

Okay...yesterday a challenge was put forth to one and all (myself included). I had 4 responses come to me personally, including the 2 that were directly responded to the post. Thanks to you for putting yourselves out there. This is not anything that I am going to pester you with daily. I will not email you and make sure you are keeping up with your acceptance of the challenge. This is simply a chance for us to all grow closer in our walk with our Lord and the knowledge He can give. If you haven't accepted the challenge, I hope you will take it very seriously.

That said, let's take another look at this week's verse to memorize. If you haven't read yet, it is: John 3:30..."He must increase, but I must decrease". What did this verse tell you about yourself? about God? about what you need to do? It simply states to me that God must play a bigger role in my life, while my own personal ideas take a back seat. God's ways are not my ways and my mind cannot even comprehend His wisdom. If I step back and let Him step forward in my life, His perfect will can be made evident in my walk, talk, and testimony.

I was searching YouVersion today for the word challenge in the Bible and found no references in the KJV. If you've never checked out YouVersion, take the time and check out this great reference with many different translations and a good search engine for the Bible. I went over to the Holman Christian Standard Bible and came across a passage from Psalms 57. Let's look at the KJV, verses 2 and 3..."I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. (3) He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth."

To continue with the "challenge" theme, we look at how God shall save us from the reproach of him that would swallow us up. The Holman version states verse 3 as follows..."He reaches down from heaven and saves me, challenging the one who tramples me. God sends His faithful love and truth."

I find it amazing that my God would "challenge" the one trying to trample me...that is quite a thought to take hold of, right? But, there is a premise to all that, though. In verse 2, we must call upon the Lord in reverance, knowing that every good thing comes from and through Him. If we try to do things on our own, only defeat and trials will come.

May we be "challenged" to take the Word of God into our hearts and minds today and each day hereafter. Remember this week's verse...John 3:30..."He must increase, but I must decrease". Keep that fresh in your mind...

If you haven't accepted the challenge and would like to, simply post a comment to this post below and say you're up for a challenge!!! Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today...

No comments: