Monday, August 9, 2010

My Refuge Be...

The words of this song touched me yesterday as my friend, Larry sang in our morning worship. Too often, we are looking for God to help us when we are down and out, but simply rely on self when things are "good". This song clearly states that we will seek the Lord all of our days, and will find our shelter and refuge in none other.

In Scripture, there are many references to God as our refuge, such as the following verses:

Psalm 9:9..."The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."

Psalm 46:1..."God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Psalm 62:7..."In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."

The Lord is there as our defense and refuge...but, He is also waiting to be there in our good times. As a parent, I understand this more than I ever could as a child, adolescent or young adult. I don't want to be there for my children only when they need my help, but rather to have a relationship that is based on love in spite of circumstances.

If our love wants that, how much more does the perfect love of God wish for such a relationship? Think about that as you read these words from "My Refuge Be"...


Chorus
Into You I will hasten
Into You I will lean
Light of the world my only Shelter
King of love my refuge be
King of love my refuge be

Verse 1
All throughout my days I will seek Your peace
Let me hear Your voice singing over me
When my weary heart drives me to despair
In the shadows Lord let me find You there

Verse 2
Friend of broken hearts and all the lost
I will find my strength in Your precious cross
And with ev'ry breath that You give to me
May I glorify Your majesty

© 2002 Modern M. Music | Nail Prince Music | New Spring | worshiptogether.com songs (Admin. by Music Services) | (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.) | (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.) | (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing)
David M. Edwards | John Hartley | Margaret Becker



Please let me know if you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

No comments: