Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made...

This week, I've had a verse brought to my mind numerous times and thought maybe I should take a few moments to share. Somebody may be going through a difficult time...and this could be just what could help.

Let's take a quick look into Psalm 139...verses 13-16..."For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

These verses have been used in our Vacation Bible School teachings, and were also the theme for the Louie Giglio talk we went through in our latest College Bible Study. Isn't it amazing to think that the Creator of all things has been involved in our lives from the very beginning moments of our existence? I mean, from conception all the way up to the last breath you took, He has been watching and playing a vital role in your existence.

I know it's easy to think you're all alone in this walk through this world, but please don't forget the Creator has been watching over you even from the days you spent in your mother's womb. And, when we take a deep look into the makeup of our human body, it's obvious we are much more than something that occurred through evolving from a pool of slime, but have been REMARKABLY made!!! Don't take yourself or the Lord of all creation so lightly.

Let's take a look at how the Amplified version states verse 14..."I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows rght well."

Take some time to praise your Maker and Designer...the wonder of birth has made life possible for us all. Not only can we fathom at the wonder of the expanses of the universe, but be amazed by the creation that He has made you to be. If you ever get the chance, watch the video series "Alive" by Louie Giglio...it will amaze you at how fearfully and wonderfully made you truly are!!!

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

1 comment:

meshia said...

for quite some time now i've been feeling insignificant. I've been wanting to use whatever talents I do possess in a way that would manifest God's glory. However one of the obstacles I encounter, is that I tend to feel like a face in a sea of many faces. Like the tree falling in the forest. But this post and scripture remind me that God is forever watching over me and that I am not forgotten. It also admonishes me to remember that I am his creation and made in his likeness, therefore I should have no doubt of the great things he has in store for me.

p.s. I have a special request. Please pray for me that I may make the changes in own life and personality that I've previously requested of God.