Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11...

I found this photo on Flickr that was taken just two days before the attack on the World Trade Center.

Last year, we got a few responses back, but I would like to hear what you think of when you think about September 11, 2001.

What were you doing?

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear 9-11?

When I think of 9-11, I think about a time in which we as a nation and a people were so deep into our own selfish attempts that we thought of no one but ourselves. The tragedy of that day seemed to make us reach out again for those hurting. It made us take notice of how precious life is. How important each moment is. It brings to mind how we should be there to lend a hand when needed. It brought out a new charitable nature and also brought a long-forgotten pride in our country.

I'll never forget that drive in the truck listening to the radio when they broke through and announced the first plane had crashed into the World Trade Center, or the sight of the second plane crashing...and I will never forget the feeling when the towers came down. But, I also know that I have a hope no matter what comes in this life! That Hope is why we must reach out day in and day out. Sharing the story of Jesus in our lives, so that others won't have to walk around in the fear of this world's issues.

Remember, as Titus 2:13 states, we are..."Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

I would like to ask everyone to say a prayer for the families that lost loved ones on that day. Every year, they have this reminder, because of the magnitude of the event. Please remember them...and if you know one who personally is grieving over this, reach out to them today...maybe a call, a short email, whatever you think would help...

Also, please let me know if you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf!!!

No comments: