Friday, April 30, 2010

Come Unto Me...

Over the past week, I can't number the times I have heard others talking about the weariness they are experiencing through the trial and tribulations of this life. It's a normal thing that we will continue to face until Christ's return. So, where can we find a place to hide and recuperate?

The best passage that come up in my mind is found in Matthew 11:28..."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

The Amplified Bible reads the same passage as follows..."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] (29) Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. (30) For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne."

I love the Amplified version's depiction of rest...it's not just about sleeping or laying around, but also of recreation and refreshment. When we get weary sometimes, we want to just take a nap, right? But, that may not be the way we need refreshed at every point along our journey. Sometimes a "blessed quiet" time alone with God is what we need. When was the last time you spent alone with God to get rejuvenated? I think He could be exactly what you need, right?

Too often, we get mired down in the muck of this world and do all we can to get ourselves out, but never turn to the Master who can reach us no matter how far down we might be. If you are weary, worn down, need some refreshment...or just need to start back anew, call on Jesus' name...He will give you the rest you so terribly need!!!

I wanted to share the picture above simply for the fact that of all the pictures we see depicting Jesus, when was the last time you saw one with Him smiling? He's a friend and wants to see the smile put back in your life...

If you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf, please let me know!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I learned a much more intense --IN YOUR FACE way... that He is the only way to truly get out of any funk, or despair, tragedy. He is the One who has plans-for GOOD. He only waits-because He wants us to trust Him-show Him we know He is our Father, and has our answers, His plans. And we can "Come Unto Him" He will take burdens right off of us--if we truly give them to Him, with trust that thru Him, His love, His plans, our trust-He will have things smooth out His way-His timing-which is the right way. We just have to know His Grace is enough, til it happens. Blessings!! @AliveinMe ~ Heather