Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All Things Really for Good???

After the events of last week, which I have questioned continuously, I have been setting my mind on the verse notated above. Are you having issues come up in your life that just don't seem to make sense? Are there people getting the promotion you think you deserve? Is someone less qualified or passionate being exalted while you are being overlooked? Does your life and the circumstances surrounding you right now just seem downright unfair?

If so, let's look at Romans 8:28, which states..."And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." But, wait a minute...how can that be possible when I am doing right, but am being "punished" in the decisions that are made around me? I know...aren't you glad you don't have the mind of God? There are times I wish I knew the reasons behind everything that doesn't go according to plan, or at least "my" plan.

But, are we really confident in knowing that God's plan is the right way? It's one of those sayings that we as Christians are programmed to say to others who are going through trying times..."God has a plan in everything"...but what about when that plan affects YOU!?! I can say most assuredly that I know God has a plan, and although I might not understand everything that comes my way, I realize that God's ways and thoughts are far superior to mine.

That obviously leads us to another verse, which is found in Isaiah 55:8..."For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." We must take the things we hand over to God and do just that...let Him handle them. And, at the same time, realize that we aren't able to comprehend or grasp the reasonings behind every decision. Much as when we were children, we thought our parents had "lost it" when they wanted us to do certain things. Now, as adults, do we find our kids thinking the same of us? Amazing how perspective can change with a little growth and maturity, huh?

The next verse I would like to share comes from Psalm 46:10..."Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." We must be careful not to jump out in haste when sometimes we just need to cool off and realize that the Creator has a plan. I am reminded that in this life, I am not the star of the story, but rather a bit player. If we can remember that, we will find it easier to relax and know that God is in control!

And finally, let's look at Hebrews 13:5..."Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Let's be happy with what God has given us...like the old saying goes..."when life hands you lemons, make lemonade"...when God allows things to come into your life, allow it to work and bring praise to His name.

I thank you for allowing me to speak to myself through this post and would love to hear your thoughts on the subject. Maybe you have a verse that comforts you in such a situation...share it with us.

As always, let me know if you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf!!!

No comments: