Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Who Am I Working For???

As I sit praying and thinking about the vision God has for me in the coming days, weeks, months and years...I am struck by the thought that if the work being done is of my doing, then the labor is futile. In Psalm 127:1, the KJV version states..."Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain."

So, what this says to me is that if I am laboring on my own, nothing tangible will come of it, right? Not only do we need to be working in His plan, but also be watching to see what He sets before us.

I am reminded of a blog post I read yesterday by Kyle Campos at his blog Our Rising Sound. He was talking about how horrible the whole musical part of worship went and how down he was about it, but during the invitation how humbled he was because he was reminded how it's not about what we do, how good we perform or sound - but rather what He is doing through us.

Isn't that the way we see things too often? We let our selfish pride stand in the way of God working through us...(realize that when I say we, I include myself). Our special on Sunday morning was sung by my wife Lindsey. She sang Laura Story's arrangement of "Mighty to Save". I am reminded of the line..."take me as you find me, all my fears and failures...fill my life again"

Think about those words today...remind yourself...it's not about you!!! Lay your fears and failures at His feet and ask Him to fill you again...I am doing it as I write these words. Ask for the opportunity to share and ask for the discernment to say the words that will show Him...

Please let me know if there is a special prayer request I can word on your behalf today!!!

2 comments:

Timothy Shields said...

"it's not about you," how true! It's all about Jesus, and one day, all will understand this:

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. Romans 14:11

Bill said...

Thank you for a "right on time" message for me. I'm amazed at how often God sends these messages to me.
Thanks again,
Bill