Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm Ready!!!

Earlier, I was talking about how quickly Christmas had snuck up on me. I was talking about how unprepared I was for Christmas this year. It got me thinking in a different light...how prepared and ready am I for the coming of Jesus? When I thought of the title "I'm Ready", the first thought was of Spongebob Squarepants...sorry, but I have a five year old Spongebob fanatic in my house.

Many times, we Christians talk about how ready we are for our Heavenly home...the peace, no tears, the grand reunions, etc...but are we making preparations in our own lives for our meeting with the Lord??? I started searching for the Scripture reference for this subject and came across Matthew 24.


Let's take a look at Matthew 24:42-44..."Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. (43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. (44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

The Amplified puts it this way..."Watch therefore [give strict attention, be cautious and active], for you do not know in what kind of a day [whether a near or remote one] your Lord is coming. (43) But understand this: had the householder known in what [part of the night, whether in a night or a morning] watch the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be undermined and broken into. (44) You also must be ready therefore, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him."

Looking at the first verse, we are warned to be watching, giving strict attention, being cautious and active...do you realize the ACTIVE part??? We aren't called to just do for ourselves, but be active in our Christian walk. Don't rest in you assured Christian world, but be reaching out to others who need to know the peace you have.

In the second verse, we're made to think how we would respond if we knew the hour when a thief would come. How would we prepare for that? Would we be on the lookout? Would we be cautiously waiting? Or, would we just rest without heeding what was to come? Sounds ridiculous, I know...but why would we rest and just take it easy when we know the Lord may come at any moment?

We are once again reminded in verse 44 to be ready...I know this doesn't quite fall into the scope of decorating for the Christmas season, but we do need to prepare for the coming of the Lord, and our lives should be ready at any moment to appear before Him.

What do you need to do to be ready for the Lord's return? Have you asked Him to forgive you of the sins in your life? Have you confessed that Jesus is the Son of God? If you haven't, don't let another moment pass without praying a simple prayer. If you need help or just want to talk to someone about this Jesus, please reply to this post...I will keep it confidential and will help in anyway possible.

As we come closer to Christmas Day, I pray that we each take advantage of the opportunities to share the true meaning of Christmas with those we come in contact with...will you accept that challenge?

Let's team up together to reach those around us...and let God work in our lives corporately, as we make preparations for Christ's return. Remember Titus 2:13..."Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Let's be prepared, so we can state "I'm ready"!!!

If you have a special prayer request I can word on your behalf, please let me know!!!

Have a blessed Christmas season,
Craig

No comments: